What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on the Data Subject’s device (computer, mobile phone/smartphone and tablet) through their browser when they visit websites. These cookies help websites recognise the device the next time the Data Subject visits them and in some cases are essential for their operation.
What are cookies for?
Cookies are used to manage the operation of websites and increase their efficiency, as well as to provide information to the entities responsible for the websites and/or to manage Data Subjects’ sessions. They also allow websites to recognise Data Subjects when they visit them and guide their browsing activity according to their interests and preferences, thus improving their browsing experience.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Our cookies have different purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies - Some cookies are essential to access specific areas of our websites, allowing you to browse and use their features, such as access to private areas, through the Data Subject's registration. Without these cookies, applications that require it may not work.
- Functionality cookies - Functionality cookies allow the websites to remember the Data Subject's browsing preferences, so that it is not necessary to reconfigure the websites whenever the Data Subject visits them.
- Performance cookies - We use these cookies to analyse how Data Subjects use websites and monitor their performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offer and quickly identifying and correcting any issues that arise. For example, we use performance cookies to find out which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. Based on the use of the websites, we may also use these cookies to highlight items or services of the websites that we think may be of interest to the Data Subject. These cookies are used for statistical creation and analysis purposes only and will never collect information in a way that could identify the Data Subject personally.
How long are cookies stored for?
- Persistent cookies – These are stored on the browser of the Data Subject’s device and are used every time the Data Subject visits the websites. They are normally used to guide the browsing activity according to the Data Subject’s interests, allowing us to provide a more customised service.
- Session cookies - These are temporary and stay on the browser until it is closed. The information obtained allows us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
Can I disable cookies?
Note that by disabling cookies, parts of our websites may not function properly, such as access to the private area.
Further information about cookies
For more information about cookies, please click on the link below:
GPP SA reserves the right to make any changes and corrections to this Cookies Policy at any time, and such changes shall be duly notified by GPP SA.
Last updated: 15 May 2018